Location: Full-time job on-site in Grândola, Setúbal, Portugal
Start date: June 2023
We are looking for a qualified and highly motivated post-harvesting manager to join our Portuguese entity, CannEurox.
Following policies and standards set forth by the Company, manage the overall operation of the medical cannabis post-harvesting (Dry, Trim, Cure and packaging) department through the delegation and supervision of duties related to the post-harvest processing of cannabis including, but not limited to; department scheduling, staffing, the execution of proper trimming techniques, compliance, ensuring adherence to quality guidelines, employee training, and all other duties and responsibilities associated with running a successful post-harvesting facility for cannabis. This position reports to the Managing Director of Southern Europe.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to be flexible and work in various sectors of the department or company as needed and/or requested by their direct supervisor.
- Oversee the execution of proper post-harvesting methods set forth by the Company.
- Manage the post-harvesting process to be compliant with the quality standards.
- Maintain strict logs and reports concerning daily operational performance.
- Schedule, delegate, and monitor department staffing and daily directives.
- Train post-harvesting staff in proper techniques of post-harvesting.
- Ensure post-harvesting operation facilities are equipped with machinery and technology vital to efficient operations.
- Oversee the maintenance of department equipment, whether scheduled or otherwise.
- Responsible for the execution of daily, weekly, and monthly sanitation efforts in all related work areas.
- Support the acquisition of all consumable goods, packaging materials, and other department input materials.
- Ensure staff are provided with the tools necessary for the department’s daily operations.
- Oversee harvest post-processing and waste disposal.
- Operate under the guidelines provided by company policies and procedures.
- Support the update of all quality and safety procedures and protocols.
- Other related tasks.
- Completed a Horticulture or Agronomy Certificate or Diploma
- Must have Application of Plant Protection Products Course
- 2 years of work experience in horticulture (cannabis or other plants)
- Experience in organic agriculture
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications
- Strong inventory and production management skills
- Must possess excellent communication skills for communicating with peers and schedulers
- Highly capable of multi-tasking, with minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- English level B2
Advance your career at Avextra
If you are interested in working for an innovative and fast-growing company, Avextra may be the perfect fit for you. We value the ideas and contributions of our employees, and we offer opportunities to get hands-on and be an active part of the company. If you are motivated and enjoy new challenges, we encourage you to apply and become a member of our team.
What we offer:
- Flat hierarchies and equal opportunities for all colleagues to contribute and make a difference.
- A structured onboarding process that ensures a smooth transition into the team.
- Opportunity to learn and receive guidance while also enjoying a high degree of independent work and responsibility for your tasks and projects
- Hands-on experience in a fast-growing company
- Friendly and supportive work environment with colleagues from around the world